Friday, October 29, 2004

Even his supporters can't get excited about Kerry

Beautiful Atrocities has assembled a collection of very sad "endorsements." Some bits:

Writer Dan Chaon: Seems like a decent fellow — perhaps capable of rising to the occasion.

John Perry Barlow, Reason: I'm voting for John Kerry, though with little enthusiasm.

Diana Kerry: John Kerry's promises are not empty. I'm his sister & an educator & I can vouch for that.

Dan Drezner: I remain completely unconvinced that Kerry understands the limits of multilateral diplomacy.

John Rennie, Scientific American editor: Of course, I'm keeping my expectations low.

Paul Boutin, Slate: I'll take a chance on Kerry, but if he wins I'll skip the victory party.


Now that's what I call a pep rally. And from Sara Dickerman, Slate food writer: "I'd like to see the right to choose preserved for my newborn child." How's that for confused thinking? Or this one from the increasingly nutty Sharon Stone: "Women, if you vote thoughtfully ... for violence against women to be thoughtfully considered, then vote John Kerry."

Another Beautiful Atrocities masterpiece. Check it out.

No comments: