Sunday, April 03, 2005

Possibly the Best Blog Ever

Harry Hutton of Chase Me Ladies, I'm in the Cavalry directed me to this lovely post on Alicublog, which is now my favorite blog. I love nasty, literate and funny, and Alicublog has all of that in excess. Here's the quote that sucked me in:

As a professional writer I am of two minds about the galloping ignorance of young people today. On the one hand, it may mean more work for me, as a growing number of Americans, including even corporate executives, struggle to compose simple sentences. On the other hand, it may hasten our national descent into a pre-verbal state, whereby all communication is achieved by grunts, clicks, quotations from The Simpsons and Seinfeld, and blasts of machine-gun fire; in such a society I am unlikely to thrive.


Delicious.

UPDATE: Yeah, he's a lefty with a Ted Rall link, but he's still funny, and that's what matters. Maybe some of his funny will rub off on Rall.

No comments: