Saturday, October 21, 2006

Holy Smokes

My wife's sweet and wonderful aunt Mary Alice lives in a suburb of New Orleans. She and her neighbors had a tough hurricane season last year as you may remember, and here's what she had to say about this picture, which she took herself:

This is the first of three cuttings of trees and debris from our yard, and ours was far better than most others. That's not me in the photo - it's a neighbor who stopped by while I was taking pictures, and I thought the comparison of a "human" with all the stuff might make it clearer.

Good Lord. I've been trying to stay abreast of the recovery process in the areas that Katrina hit hard, but this is astounding. The other day my back fence blew down when a tornado threatened to touch down nearby, and I complained a lot and felt pretty sorry for myself. What a maroon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It appears she is getting ready for the Aggie Bonfire! Go Horns!