Monday, August 01, 2005

Brutal

Saw the latest Six Feet Under and was emotionally disturbed by it, which I'm starting to think is the sign of good TV. Kind of like the Nip/Tuck finale last season, I kept hearing the final song and seeing the final scene in my head for a week or so afterward. TV shows are really starting to tap into life's brutality and while that kind of creeps me I'm very drawn to it, like when I saw Vanilla Sky and I was so freaked out that I had to watch it a couple more times just to get past how disturbed I was. Same with Blackhawk Down but in a different way.

Now HBO has Rome coming up in a month or so, and I'm sure it will be as ghastly and gut-wrenching as anything they've aired before. Maybe more so. I'm kind of excited about it but dreading it as well.

Then again, with a baby due around Thanksgiving I may not see television for decades, other than the Teletubbies and such. Maybe that's best . . .

No comments: