Saturday, December 18, 2004

Lingo Phone Service Sucks Ass

So I fell for the Lingo.com sales pitch, figuring that $19.95/month with no taxes or other fees for all available features, unlimited long distance to the US and Western Europe, and two free months was too good to miss out on. Boy was I wrong.

First, it took four months to port over my old number. That means I paid for two phone bills for two months (since they gave me two free months), which Lingo said was not their problem and didn't I read the fine print? Tech support is filled with morons, and the day before they finally ported the number over, my Lingo box stopped working. Every tech guy I talked to, for a total of aboutr 8 hours over three days, wanted me to unplug my lingo boxes from the router (they work off a cable modem) and put them various configurations (one in front of the router, one in back, then one in front of the cable modem and one between it and the router, etc.) while never considering the fact that their Lingo modem may have been programmed incorrectly. Eventually a tech supervisor appeared and fixed the problem in minutes, and of course it was just as I had been saying for three days.

Now I'm having more problems; dropped calls, noisy lines, an inability to flash back to the original caller after flashing to a call waiting, and the most annoying problem of all, wherein calls that go to my answering machine don't hang up after the caller hangs up, instead my machine records an endless "disconnected phone" sound that won't stop until I pick up and hang up the phone. I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with another tech support retard who decided that the problem was the Lingo voice mail, and if I just turned it off it wouldn't pick up before my answering machine, the same answering machine I had been talking about being part of the problem for 20 fucking minutes to this moron. That was his big solution, turn off the thing that doesn't even enter into it. Christ.

So don't use Lingo, ridicule anyone who does, and kill anyone who works for them. Now.

No comments: