Wednesday, November 03, 2004

What's good about today


fat_lady
Originally uploaded by Uncle Mikey.
Tom Daschle lost, finally, and good riddance. Martin Frost, architect of the original US congressional redistricting plan in 1991 that Tom Delay revived famously in Texas not long ago, causing Texas state representatives to run off and hide in Oklahoma and New Mexico, got the axe too.

The Stock Market likes the idea of another Bush term, and in fact more people voted for W than any other candidate ever. Did I mention the Red Sox won the World Series?

It's nice and cool outside, low 60s, and work isn't too busy today. I will have soup for lunch because I like soup. I will also have Pepperidge Farm Parmesan Goldfish and a Dr. Pepper. My wife is planning a relaxing trip to Costa Rica to get her Yoga on, and the football season is starting to get interesting. All in all, it's a pretty good day.

Picture from Power Line

No comments: