Sunday, November 28, 2004

And Dan, Just One More Thing: I Hate You

Ding frickin' Dong, Dan Rather is leaving us in March. Ever since I read Bernard Goldberg's Bias and learned that Rather was known as "The Dan" and acted a most Godfather-like part in protecting and projecting his version of reality, I've wanted to sjambok him on the nuts. The trust people put in the word of a major network anchor is thoroughly unreasonable, and nowhere can a man or woman bend the minds of others to their will more easily than from that seat of informational power, the anchor desk. When you abuse it, you must be sjamboked on the naughty bits.

Serendipitously, Gerard at American Digest points to this post by Donald Sensing at One Hand Clapping to reinforce my feelings on the topic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this post puts it better, although perhaps tounge in cheek?
peace,
fringy

http://fafblog.blogspot.com2004_11_21_fafblog_archive.html#110124449536796183