Sunday, January 02, 2005

Good Lord that's Heartbreaking


tsunami
Originally uploaded by Uncle Mikey.
I haven't seen any tsunami pictures as terrifying as this one until I found this site on Instapundit. As the author of the site says, we don't know the fate of these poor people, but donating at Amazon or somewhere like it is your best hope for doing some good for the survivors.

UPDATE: Check out this post on American Digest that addresses Alan E. Brain's argument that it could have been a lot worse. Like Alan, the first thing I thought of when I heard about an earthquake and tsunami in the region was Bangladesh, which has borne the brunt of natural disasters like tsunamis and cyclones (hurricanes) far too often. Read the whole thing.

MORE UPDATE: This video is the most terrifying I've seen yet. From Wizbang.

No comments: